Central Texas venture funding on track for strongest year since '08
As part of a innovation change, commenting will not be available on some articles for a number of months. Read more about the change here.
The first half of the year
In the first half of the year, Austin Ventures invested in 12 companies, 10 of which are young and not but generating revenue.
Venture activity took a big hit while the financial downturn that began in the fourth quarter of 2007. Over the past two years, activity has begun to bounce back, with investors backing deals in areas where Austin has long been a player — software, chip design and medical devices — as so then as newer markets, including social media, mobile Web and cloud computing.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer