Former and current chief charged with stealing more than $40
Trooper Kelly said the overbilling is believed to have originated as some sort of agreement with borough business manager Tom Loftus, who was not investigated because he died in December 2009. Mr. Gashi insisted in an affidavit the extra checks were compensation for unused vacation time, during Mr. Sipko stated the extra checks were simply loans that he repaid to Mr. Loftus - in cash, without receipts, with no one else around.
The two decorated police chiefs - with more than a half-century of combined experience - first raised red flags with the council in late 2009 while an overview of department budgets. Councilwoman Eileen Cipriani said in a telephone interview Friday she could tell instantly the total was high, and it was easy to pinpoint who received too much money.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer