Fresno rolls with the city's booming food truck trend
or even the trendy Dusty Buns Bistro Bus -- this crop of new gourmet trucks is selling everything from fried apple pie to Korean barbecue and broccoli chicken linguine.
They join mobile eateries just as Korean barbecue truck TaKo BBQ, mobile gourmet espresso coffee business Cafe2U, cookie seller Crumb Snatcher Goodies and Mattie's Mobile Wood Fired Pizza and Catering.
Jennifer Hunter of Fresno, a self-described foodie and food truck fan, eats at the trucks for the time being once a week and reviews them on Yelp.com. She loves the affordable prices and quality food made by chefs competing for her business.
Liles and his wife, Sherry, sell apple, blueberry, cherry and peach pies. The pies are either baked in little tins for $4 or deep-fried hand-held pies for $3. Vanilla ice cream is extra. They as well sell beef and chicken empanadas and breakfast quiche.
Liles is no stranger to food trucks. He once ran near 30 "roach coaches" as part of his Deluxe Catering business that he sold in 1979. He ran several other businesses previously retiring, turning to Summertime Pies when he and his wife needed to bring in more income.
Jennifer Hunter Fresno
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer