How Stephen Hawking lost $100 on Higgs Boson
CERN scientists used the early Web to exchange information, and the vast computing power needed to crunch all of the data produced by the atom smasher as well boosted development of cloud computing, which is now making its way into mainstream services.
The discovery is so fundamental to the laws of nature
The discovery is so fundamental to the laws of nature, Incandela said, that it could spawn a new era of innovation and development in the same way that Newton’s laws of gravity led to basic equations of mechanics that made the industrial revolution possible.
“It is an incredible thing that it has happened in my lifetime,” he said, calling the discovery a huge achievement for the proton-smashing collider.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer