InTouch has no plan to raise its stake in Thaicom
He said he would explain this to the Information and Communications Research Ministry, which recently asked Thaicom to submit a report on whether InTouch will raise its shareholding to for the moment 51 per cent from 41 per cent at present.
Somprasong as well said InTouch had set five goals this year, of which some have already been achieved, just as the recent awarding to Thaicom of a satellite operating licence by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission. InTouch has as well started up its venture capital business, during its Internet arm CS LoxInfo will launch a cloud computing service in the near future.
The pay or cable TV frontier
"We'll not jump into the pay or cable TV frontier, where the piracy problem prevails. If we can enter the digital TV business, we'll produce 10 per cent of content ourselves and the rest will be developed by potential partners," he said.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer