Just Energy Independence or Clean Energy Self-Reliance?
Our newfound natural gas bounty can give us long-term access to cheap, cleaner energy and, combined with advances in robotics and software, is already bringing blue-collar manufacturing back to America. Web-enabled cellphones and tablets are creating vast new possibilities to bring high-quality, low-cost education to every community college and public school so people can afford to acquire the skills to learn 21st-century jobs. Cloud computing is giving anyone with a creative spark cheap, powerful tools to start a company with very little money. And dramatically low interest rates mean we can borrow to build new infrastructure - and make money. [emphasis mine]
Fan of Thomas Friedman
I'm usually a fan of Thomas Friedman. He's got an everyman way of writing about big issues, with a passion for practicality, especially when it comes to rebuilding America. Nevertheless for a man who regularly talks of the possibility of 21st innovation, this is a very 20th Century vision.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer