Maritz out as CEO of VMware; EMC's Gelsinger in
As part of the widely reported executive shakeup that EMC and VMware confirmed Tuesday afternoon, Maritz will become a chief research strategist at EMC, where he will as well assume an active role on the board of directors. The transition will be effective starting Sept. 1.
VMware's been busy recently, announcing the acquisition of DynamicOps before this month in what some called a shift in strategy to support non-VMware hypervisors in cloud computing. Last month, VMware announced Project Serengeti, an open-source Hadoop compatibility tool to be used on VMware products and before this year, at Interop, VMware executives spoke about the need to virtualize the rest of the data center beyond servers.
Network World staff writer Brandon Butler covers cloud computing and social collaboration. He can be reached at BButler@nww.com and found on Twitter at @BButlerNWW.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer