Microsoft Office 2013 Launched
"The new, modern Office will deliver in a class by itself productivity and flexibility for both consumers and business clients. It is a cloud service and will fully light-up when paired with Windows 8."
Office, which along with Windows is one of the most profitable products for the Redmond-based company, accounting for 60 percent of the operating profit at its latest quarterly revenues report.
Microsoft is as well looking to make Office more social by integrating its recently acquisition Yammer into its products. Yammer is a corporate social network it purchased last month for $1.2bn.
Following Microsoft's purchase of the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service Skype last year, it has integrated the service somewhat with the new Office products, giving each subscriber 60 minutes of Skype credit each month.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer