Netflix explains outage, wants to hire engineers who can help prevent a repeat
In addition to Netflix, the Amazon outage took down Instagram, Pinterest, and other sites that rely on Amazon’s cloud-based computing service. On July 4, Amazon published its own explanation of the snafu, which started with a power failure, led to a failure of the backup generators, and at that time caused a series of cascading failures with its load-balancing hardware.
VentureBeat provides news about research for forward-thinking executives. It covers a range of research trends, from social media to mobile, clean technology, games and chips. We try to explain what these trends mean for business leaders, executives and other thought leaders in the industry. Stories help executives make better decisions regarding technology in both small businesses and enterprise, and help investors make better decisions about where to put their money. VentureBeat is engagingly written, not only profiling the companies behind technology, nevertheless also the leading individual players setting those trends. Some of the companies it covers in depth include Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter, Zynga, Cisco, RIM, yet it as well covers pathbreaking start-up companies.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer