NITA-U to Introduce Cloud Computing
"That will cut costs," he said. "Instead of walking into government ministries and in other government agencies, people will just get any information at any time they want as longer as they can access and use the internet."
Experts but urge government to ensure that internet access goes everywhere if the new solution is to achieve its objectives.
Government currently spends Shs6.3billion on internet per year. Saaka says once the new solution comes to pass the cost will be reduced. Internet penetration in Uganda stands at 4.2% compared to other member states in the region.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer