Oracle Keeps Its Head in the Cloud
A week afterwards VMware unveiled its $1.26 billion deal for networking-software provider Nicira, Oracle says it’s buying Xsigo, another company that greases cloud-computing systems by virtualizing the routers and switches that make the systems possible.
Oracle doesn’t disclose terms — deal is likely much smaller than VMware’s — nevertheless cloud-computing companies’ interest in controlling networks only seems to be growing.
Oracle Keeps Its Head In The Cloud
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer