Random Saturday Morning Cloud Thoughts
1. Mobile will end the bleeding in the media industry, as apps to put it more exactly than advertising drive revenue. Online ads will be dead within five years.
2. "Cloud crash" has already replaced "computer error" as the catch-all explanation for human screw-ups. It will grow in popularity as local governments and businesses make their inevitable, but painful move to cloud computing.
6. Windows 8 will be the biggest news in mobility at once year, if it makes big deals with the carriers. Can it do so in an era when it can no longer be a monopolistic bully?
The Tau Institute
Roger Strukhoff is Executive Director of the Tau Institute, focused on global ICT technology, including the growth of cloud computing. Offices are located in Illinois and Makati City, Philippines. He writes for Cloud Computing Journal, Computerworld Philippines, and CloudEcosystem.com. He can as well be found at @strukhoff
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer