Two deals for Scots computing sector
SCOTLAND’S buoyant computing sector has been given a double boost, with former Atlantic Telecom chief executive Graham Duncan snapping up a business in Glasgow during a European IT giant’s Edinburgh office has scooped a six-figure contract.
Duncan's latest venture, Broadband Cloud Solutions, is paying a "six-figure sum" to buy the hosting division of NSDesign, the marketing company that lists Highland Spring and Scottish Enterprise among its customers.
The new deal
Duncan said the new deal was part of his strategy to build up his latest business by serving small and medium-sized firms and people working at home.
Meanwhile, European computing giant MTI, which opened an office in Edinburgh in December, has won a £300,000 contract from Aberdeen-based Millstream to run cloud computing services. Millstream handles tenders worth "many hundreds of millions of pounds". It said the deal would allow it to recover data in emergencies.
Millstream And Mti Cloud
Graham Duncan Ns Design
Nsdesign Broadband Solutions
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer