VODAFONE GHANA SUPPORTS GHANA POLICE SERVICE TO FIGHT CRIME
Accra, 19 July 2012: Vodafone Ghana has refurbished the Communication unit of the Ghana Police Service, and installed a state of the art telephone equipment with enhanced call features that will allow the service to respond to crime reports speedily. With the installation of the PABX telephone system, personnel of the communication unit can now receive multiple calls from the public and treat in-bound calls with utmost confidentiality in a comfortable office environment.
The old setup presented challenges that restricted the smooth and swift operations of the Ghana Police Service. Prior to the new installation, the communication unit had only ordinary desk phone lines that could receive one call at a time. It had no caller identity and call waiting features that allowed the personnel to identify callers, or even return calls. With the new equipment in place, the unit can now receive several calls together, whilst identifying the identities of callers for follow-up purposes.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer