Yaba trader jailed for 79 years
A Dhaka court yesterday sentenced 79 years' rigorous imprisonment to businessman Amin Huda and his partner Ahsanul Haque Hasan in connection with the biggest haul of Yaba tablets in October, 2007.
Amin, nephew of businessman Aziz Mohammad Bhai, and Ahsanul were present in the dock when the judge pronounced the verdict.
They as well seized 818 SIM cards, one sex stimulating tablet, 139 bottles of foreign liquor, three pieces of IPS, one local area network switch, 12 quantum, 15 cellphones, a pair of handcuffs, six computer CPUs, 1,900 US dollar, 100 Hong Kong dollar, three Saudi riyal, 450 euro, 2,500 Thai baht, 125 Indian rupee, Tk 46,01,422, one laptop, 159 tellular sets, one gear switch, two channel boxes, three PC monitors, 2.5 litre orthophosphoric acid, one bottle dietheylethol and 10 tolas of gold.
After the hearing, the HC quashed one of the four cases that had been filed for running illegal VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) business. It as well stayed proceedings of another case filed for possessing foreign and local currencies.
- · Rackspace debuts OpenStack cloud servers
- · America's broadband adoption challenges
- · EPAM Systems Leverages the Cloud to Enhance Its Global Delivery Model With Nimbula Director
- · Telcom & Data intros emergency VOIP phones
- · Lorton Data Announces Partnership with Krengeltech Through A-Quaâ¢ Integration into DocuMailer